extended deadline for hoax #5: feminism & community!
- elitism (identity politics, border policing, & hierarchies within communities)
- cliques & exclusivities
- success & personal stories
- the environment (food politics & urban gardening & eco-feminism & women in farming/farm lands)
- accessibility (language & locations (urban vs rural) & academia & pretention & childcare)
- work/ production (economics & capitalism)
- social movements (then vs now – legacy of the 60s)
- assimilation vs liberation (when, if, and how to assimilate)
- the self (self-care & where the self ends and community begins)
- what makes a community (how does one feel included? & how do we include others & what it means to find a “home” (limits of family))
- networking (action & teamwork & friendship)
- “diversity” and what that means (do we need varieties of people in order to constitute a community? & tolerance vs acceptance (cultural relativity))
- space (physical/ emotional)
- legislation (policy & community organizing)
- love (hate & anger)
we also totally need lots of artwork (photos, collages, illustrations, drawings, paintings, comics, etc.)! particularly for background designs and things that compliment the written material.
we would like the zine to be finished as soon as possible, and would prefer to receive submissions before april 21st (within the month of march would be awesome!). if you are interested, please feel free to e-mail us your ideas for topics, or questions at hoaxzine(at)gmail(dot)com!
rachel & sari